Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Most absurd lie on a product

On 11/05/2021 15:21, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:13:23 +0100, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353441460780

1200W cordless vacuum cleaner?* Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li
Ion batteries.* So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from
one battery.* I'm not so sure that's going to work....

And this, Germany openly selling an 1800W vacuum!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254936856463* What happened to the 800W EU
limit?* Or are the morons so stupid as to think nobody would conceivably
use an "industrial" vacuum cleaner in their home?* I wonder if they send
people round to inspect which type you're operating?

That is how the law works. Create a law with loopholes and the loopholes
are exploited.

The same happened with incandescent bulbs, the law allowed you to
purchase rugged bulbs. You still can. An LED won't last long as your
oven light.