Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default cooktop cutout too large?

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:45:08 AM UTC-4, Marilyn wrote:
What material would you recommend be used to install additional support from below to reduce the size of the cooktop cut-out hole? Our granite cut-out is a bit too large for the new cooktop we want to purchase.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-119600-.htm

Does it need anything at all? How much cooktop will extend beyond the cutout?
How much does the cooktop weigh? From a practical standpoint about all that I
can see that you could easily do would be to cut some L shaped wood pieces to fit
which extend a few inches out and then up into the opening and then
use construction adhesive to anchor them to the bottom of the granite.