Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Kettles

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 09/05/2021 11:24, tim... wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
JohnP wrote

Probably all made in the same factory in China.

China doesn’t work like that.

China doesn't work like what? (please don't snip too much!)

That everything from China isn't made in the same factory? Clearly,
obviously not

That a factory in China that makes quality branded goods, doesn't also
make knock-offs of the same item?

Nope, I assure that this is exactly what does happen

It is still often the same stuff produced on the same production line
though. It might be ripping off the branded item, but it is likely to be
exactly the same - just not counted in the total.

the knock-offs tend to be the ones made as branded product that didn't
meet quality control

Don’t believe with something like a kettle they get that many which don’t
meet quality control.

with something that only costs 5.50 in the first place, I doubt there's a
market for knock-off kettles

The market for knock-offs exists with branded products, where there is a
high price charged for the branding, but also a very high threshold of
finish required