Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default I think they are called paddles

On Mon, 10 May 2021 21:42:38 -0400, Paul wrote:

Lou wrote:
Can I ask if you tried epoxy resin? Ive just ordered new paddles for
the second time after the tabs sheered off the last replacement set. I
wondered if youd been successful as Im thinking of epoxy resin to
stop them moving this time. (or has anyone else tried it please ?)
thanks in advance

Epoxy breaks down with age, and presenting it with environmental
challenges (heat, UV light, water),
does not improve its disposition. Epoxy also smells a bit, given a
chance. You don't want to be smelling that on your shirts.

Unfortunately, bad engineering is bad engineering.
If items don't have sufficient material to work with (no thickness to
take screws), then no amount of cursing will keep the item on. I use #2
screws for things that need "assistance", but the material has to be
thick enough so it does not crack where the screw goes in.

Maybe you could get someone in a machine shop to make you a paddle out
of something else.
It can't be steel, because that would rust and leave stains on the
clothes. The surface would have to be polished smooth, to avoid damage
to the clothing (pure cottons are the first to shred).

Paul

Thanks Paul...I asked that question originally. I was thinking of flowing
some superglue between the plastic edge faces and the stainless drum, but
might need a bit of prep first, maybe using isopropyl alcohol for
degreasing any detergent/sediment between the faces.