Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

On Mon, 10 May 2021 06:55:59 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:40:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2021 09:26:16 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 4:13:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:22:58 -0400, micky
wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.
When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

When are you going to admit that we have 600K dead Americans from Covid?
That we have many times that hospitalized, many for weeks, people with long
Covid, people that are permanently damaged, people who needed lung transplants?
That Covid is not just the flu. There is no hysteria, but there is a lot of Covid
denial.

Covid was bad but our response may have been worse in the long run.
We are not even that sure most of the measures that crushed our
economy were even effective. After all 600,000 died anyway.

And how many would have died if we did nothing? Good grief.

The places
with the tightest restrictions did as poorly (or worse) than the ones
that ran loose.

That's mostly BS too. In NY, NJ, CT we were close to disaster. As soon as
restrictions were put in place last spring, the infection rate plummeted.
It remained low while restrictions were in place, as they started to come off,
it began increasing again. South Dakota was spared the initial infections
that hit us here, that came from Europe. The dopey governor there chose
total trumptard denial, refused to require masks and allowed Sturgis to be
held. It seemed inconceivable that anyone could be so stupid as to hold
a ten day drunken gathering of 200K people from all over the US, but that's
exactly what they did. It's obvious that spread disease. This isn't the
Middle Ages, we know what a virus is, we know the mechanisms by which it
spreads. And that reckless fool Noam provided the perfect environment.

South Dakota got in trouble in packing plants (SE SD). What they did
in the other 90% of the state wasn't that significant.