Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The situation in India show that what we did works. Florida has
opened up but they also took precautions and vaccinated a lot of
people to get a jump on it.

The situation in Florida is not exactly rosey though. Like the rest of
us, they are at a nominal 50%. What they do have is a climate that
allowed a lot of outdoor dining and other things so didn't get as bad
of a surge as NY city etc.

We get anti-vax idiots all the time in 'NextDoor' here in Virginia
Beach. Invariably young and full of themselves as if they know some
'secret' us older folks are too dumb to figure out. Virginia Beach hs
been lucky. Overall, we didn't take nearly the hits many other places
did.

Our Governor is pretty straight forward on it. He's an actual MD if
you didn't know.

He's not draconian. He kept bits open as much as possible. He opened
outside dining right away. Technically it never closed but in winter
it was too hard on people. Pickup and delivery was encouraged and most
businesses weathered it. Grocery stores setup free deliveries (or
reduced price to almost nothing). Everyone seemed to have free curb
pickup.

General prevailing opinion here is if you don't want to wear a mask,
don't go inside. They still have free curb pickup.