Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Electric Kettles

as recommended by someone on this group
i bought a Breville
which only heats a cup full of water
and so is quicker than heating a pint
and also saves electricity,
maybe enough to pay for itself!

[g]

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:28:10 PM UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:
The element in our Russell Hobs kettle failed after the equivalent of
3-4 years use. The heating element is under the water container and
does not appear to be removable, unlike older kettles where the element
was in the water and could be replaced.

Many new kettles are of a similar design to the one that has failed, so
I thought I should buy a cheap one as it also probably can't be
repaired. I was able to get a cheap £12 one from Tesco. It has a
slightly lower power rating, 2.2Kw and a much higher minimum water
level. I wonder how well it will last

Have others had similar problems with this type of kettle?