Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How to fix wooden handrail to wall?

On 10/05/2021 13:46, me wrote:
On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 1:37:16 PM UTC+1, Robin wrote:
If that's all that's stopping you then how about 150mm of threaded
rod resin glued into the centre of the rail? --

Yes I did think of that. The problem is I only have a hand drill and
I'm not confident I can drill a hole bang on the rail axis. If the
rod is skewed it'd be difficult to fit into the hole in the brick

Drill the holes well oversized in the rail and the wall, and inject
fixing resin into both holes, you can then push everything into place
while the resin is still uncured.

(not entirely sure why you need to fix the very end of the rail anyway,
presumably its fixed to a perpendicular wall for most of the run?)

--
Cheers,

John.