Posted to uk.d-i-y
cf-leeds cf-leeds is offline

Default Garage Roof Advice

I need to replace a very leaky old garage roof, which is currently in corrugated asbestos sheets (I think they're asbestos anyway). I'm aware of the disposal process for old asbestos roof and I have details of the local council disposal process for asbestos - I'm ok with all that.

My question is what's the best replacement for the roof.

It's a flat sloping roof with a single gutter across the back end of the garage - It's a prefab garage. (not a pitch roof).

I thought I'd just look online for some galvanised corrugated metal sheets, around the same dimensions at the old asbestos, but I find there are many products out there, including corrugated bitumen sheets.

Can anyone offer some advice on a good option here.

My main criteria are, easy to install, good-value, long lasting in terms of no discolouring, if they happen to be dark great for example. Is there anything that you'd definitely avoid ?

Any tips welcome.

Thanks in advance.