Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_7_] soup[_7_] is offline

Default Cooked something with gas whilst boiler was off - Need to purgepipes before using cooker?

On 30/04/2021 14:15, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 29/04/2021 20:44, Tim+ wrote:
Alan wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 09:02:01 -0700, Tim+ wrote:

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 3:36:44 AM UTC+1, JonnyWindsor wrote:
Whilst the boiler was off, I cooked some eggs using the remaining gas
in the pipes. Right now I am the only one home so I'm not worried about
anyone using the cooker to blow everyone up. I have purged the cooker
(just set all the cooker valves to open) for about 3 minutes but have
no idea whether it has made a difference. The pipeline is probably
about ten metres. Any help?

I think you need to explain what is so peculiar about your personal
circumstances that cooking with the boiler off should be in any way a
problem!

If you managed to cook an egg its most unlikely that your gas supply
was interrupted and Im at a loss to imagine why you think turning the
boiler off should affect your cooker.

I saw where the post originated, so concluded pretty quickly that the
poster was a thick, thick ****.

Given that he *didnt* tag his post on to a 15 yr old thread with no
quoting, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. ;-)

Tim

I remember reading somewhere about a big house explosion back in 2006.

Only one? There have been oodles of house explosions. Not sure how that
observation is relevant to the OPs question.

WHOOSH the joke went that away

It was a ha-ha Tim. 2006 (date of the posting) plus 15 years gives
2021 (present day).

He's insinuating this 'cooking with the boiler off' (or rather the idiot
that thought this was a problem) caused a HUGE gas explosion