Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Kettles

Its back to the inspection and QA again then. I mean if you don't sort out
the dodgy bits before you make it available and use the public as testers
you really should have a longer Warranty in my view.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 07/05/2021 13:20, Max Demian wrote:
On 06/05/2021 23:28, Michael Chare wrote:

The element in our Russell Hobs kettle failed after the equivalent of
3-4 years use. The heating element is under the water container and does
not appear to be removable, unlike older kettles where the element was
in the water and could be replaced.

Many new kettles are of a similar design to the one that has failed, so
I thought I should buy a cheap one as it also probably can't be
repaired. I was able to get a cheap £12 one from Tesco. It has a
slightly lower power rating, 2.2Kw and a much higher minimum water
level. I wonder how well it will last

Have others had similar problems with this type of kettle?

Russell Hobbs should be ashamed of themselves. (Perhaps the name has been
sold to the Chinese.) I bought one of the original Forgettles in 1978 and
the element never needed replacing and the cutout never failed. I only
got rid of it in 2013 as it leaked slightly from the bottom.

I bought an earlier Russell Hobs kettle for use at another location. It
failed after about a year so out or warranty. I had to pay them a further
£18 for a replacement which to be fair has lasted quite a number of years.
Certainly the kettle that failed was made in China.

--
Michael Chare