Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Kettles

No but a friend told me that mine which seems to have the element as a kind
of plate at the bottom is not only getting scaled up again, but bits
actually look rusty, which could not be a very good omen for the future.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
The element in our Russell Hobs kettle failed after the equivalent of 3-4
years use. The heating element is under the water container and does not
appear to be removable, unlike older kettles where the element was in the
water and could be replaced.

Many new kettles are of a similar design to the one that has failed, so I
thought I should buy a cheap one as it also probably can't be repaired. I
was able to get a cheap £12 one from Tesco. It has a slightly lower power
rating, 2.2Kw and a much higher minimum water level. I wonder how well it
will last

Have others had similar problems with this type of kettle?