Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water tower to dwelling

I wonder why they did that, if its not listed, they could surely have blown
it up or bulldozed it and built a more up to date building?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
I passed it a few months ago and I had no idea what what happening - I saw
the scaffolding and just assumed it was a bit of maintenance.

I passed it again this week and saw the new glass so did some research.

A couple of photos from tonight.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower1.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower2.jpg

You can view the planning permission here

https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/plannin...cations-online

or somewhere on there

and search for

16/01858/FUL

And it looks from the photos that they have cladded the concrete instead
of cleaning it. A pity really as it distracts from the main original
design feature of the building - brutalism concrete.

It also looks like level 1 has an outside door.

--
Adam