Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

wrote in message
On Sun, 9 May 2021 09:42:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 8:38:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:50:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2021 4:12 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:22:58 -0400, micky
wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even
if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read
the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over why are
we still being silly about this? The vaccine is available for anyone
who wants it and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it
they will meet him soon enough .... or not. We still don't have any
good numbers about how many people have acquired immunity from having
a mild case and getting over it. It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.
At a certain point we can let Darwin decide. The vaccine is out there,
they keep saying it works, at a certain point it is like wearing a
motorcycle helmet. If these people are willing to duck the protection
available, they deserve what they get.

But they also affect the rest of us who are vaccinated, by delaying how
long it takes to get back to normal, by continuing to provide hosts for
Covid to mutate, possibly into far worse variants.

Breakthrough infections in the vaccinated are far
more dangerous than the ones in the unvaccinated

Wrong, as always.

because they are cultivating a variant that is immune to the vaccine

Nope, because those didn't have an adequate immune response to the vaccine.

so you really don't want to go there.

Mindlessly pig ignorant, as always from you.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.

Yeah, good luck with that. Right now the loons in AZ have hired some
unqualified
"experts" to look for election fraud. Among the things they are examining
is checking
the paper of the ballots for bamboo, to see if they came from China.
That's the
kind of thinking that's on the Republican side and that's where most of
the anti-vaxers are.

Squirrel! !

More TDS off topic bull**** having nothing to do with what we are
talking about but I guess you can't help yourself.

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

The lie still being repeated, despite it being pointed out to you how many
times that this is not 1850. The primary means of moving in and out of
countries, including islands, is the same and it doesn't involve ships.

They still only have a few ports of entry in those island nations

So does the USA, ****wit.

and they locked them down.

Yep, you lot were too stupid to do that.

Do you deny that?
I am not even going to talk about the communist dictatorships and
autocratic places like Korea, or Singapore.

This is the US. We have the right to free travel

So do we when it isnt a pandemic, but we arent actually
stupid enough to continue with that during a pandemic.

and very porous borders. We couldn't even lock down
returning passengers from infected cruise ships last spring

Corse you could have.

and your answer was "they just want to go home".

This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

More nonsense. We have excellent data that shows the vaccines are
highly effective.

Then why do I still need a mask at Walmart? I have been vaccinated.

Because it isnt possible to check who has been vaccinated and who hasn't.