Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Kettles

In article ,
JohnP wrote:

Just understanding the logic is a big help. Plumbers and Boilers
comes to mind. Many only seem to be able to relate to an old type of
system. Even a motorised valve seems to flumox them.

It's a good job I can look after my own heating system - I can't see
the average plumber understanding the motorised valve and timer/stat
per room, with mains operated valves, battery powered stats and 12V
switching via relays, with my own, home made PCBs.

But he learned how to wipe a lead joint to become Time Served. A different
skill is needed for heating sytems in my view. If it leaks ger a plumber -
other stuff, get a ???????

Probably history. In the 50s (and earlier), plumbers were often also
electricians. Steel conduit is pretty similar to working with plumbing
iron barrel. In those days, the electrical side didn't take so much
learning.

--
*A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.