Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Electric Kettles

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
R D S expressed precisely :
Yes, I have a collection of kettles at work that we've mothballed for one
reason or another.
Keep meaning to chuck em but you know how it is....

When we replace such small items, we keep the old version as a spare,
unless it is completely dead. We have spare iron, toaster, kettle, coffee
maker etc.. When a present item is due replacement, it will go in the
spares cupboard, and the older version will be disposed of.

I basically have new spares for what I use much so its effortless
when anything dies. And I generally don't dispose of anything,
the one that has died can be a source of parts when another dies.