Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Electric Kettles

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 07/05/2021 11:28, JohnP wrote:

I was quite concerned about this move toward legislation to make things
repairable. Higher costs and bulkier items will be to result - as well as
incompetent people causing accidents. A spot weld is probably better than
screw and is more compact.

I would certainly like to be able to download a manual for my washing
machine that would tell me how it works. If it stops mid cycle I would
like to know what it is waiting for.

The last I bought can be controlled via a mobile phone using NFC.

Which one was that ?

I have never seen the point of this,

I can, particularly if the washing machine is too far
away to be easy to check on what it is doing or even
to just get a convenient notification of when its done.

but if I could connect the machine to my wifi and then get full diagnostic
information I would find that useful.

And if you do more than one type of wash, it would
be handy to be able to have just a couple of icons
for the types of wash you actually use and just
select one or the other for a particular wash etc.