Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Electric Kettles

On 08/05/2021 12:55, John Walliker wrote:

Within an hour of reading this thread my Daewoo glass electric kettle failed!
The fault was in the neutral connection in the base which I fixed by opening the
base up and bending the spring. Opening the base was tricky because the
screws had special slots with three radial grooves spaced 120 deg apart.
They really didn't want anyone to fix it.

The first thing the "right to repair" enthusiasts should do is ban
entirely any screw that doesn't have a slot, a crosshead, hex or an
allen screw. All others have no mechanical justification.

--
Max Demian