Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Best way to fix broken step?

On 07/05/2021 17:40, GB wrote:
The outer end of a step has broken off. See first photo.

I'd probably replace the whole slab, but it continues under the steps
above and supports them. See second photo.

Is there a way of repairing this that won't just crumble away fairly
quickly? The slabs have a small overhang at the front.

These steps are in constant use, so I need a repair that can be done
quite quickly, without stopping people using the steps completely.

https://imgur.com/zhpZwFk

https://imgur.com/5kX6ncK

https://imgur.com/7u2lOPr

possibly???

a. cut slab at back
b. turn through 180 degrees
c. drill the bit of slab under the step above and the broken end of the
slab to take stainless steel rod or screws to guard against tipping
d. fill holes with resin (or car body filler) and relay slab
e. fill hole where bit broke off (or point in the bit that broke off if
you have it)

--
Robin