Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Kettles

On Fri, 07 May 2021 13:06:17 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 07/05/2021 08:13, tim... wrote:
"Michael Chare" wrote in message

The element in our Russell Hobs kettle failed after the equivalent of
3-4 years use.Â* The heating element is under the water container and
does not appear to be removable, unlike older kettles where the
element was in the water and could be replaced.

Many new kettles are of a similar design to the one that has failed,
so I thought I should buy a cheap one as it also probably can't be
repaired. I was able to get a cheap £12 one from Tesco. It has a
slightly lower power rating, 2.2KwÂ* and a much higher minimum water
level. I wonder how well it will last

12 pounds!

you woz done

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/305877709

It's worth paying twice the price for one with a circular base so you
can put the kettle down any way round.

The trouble is that SWMBO and I put it down opposite ways!