Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobH RobH is offline

Default Electric Kettles

On 07/05/2021 10:09, Roger Hayter wrote:
Yes, whether cheap or expensive models the elements tend to fail after
one to
three years.Â* I suspect people boiling less than the minimum quantity
of water
is the main cause, but I am generally too circumspect to say so too
often!Â* A
useful side effect is that the RCD gets tested at least that often.

I have had this kettle 5 years. the previous ones lasted 14. The switch
has not broken, the lid has not broken and the base as not melted nor
the element gone.

Perhaps you should treat your kettles better, or buy a better one to
start with?

Ok, what make and model is it.