Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On Fri, 7 May 2021 08:53:58 +0100, SH wrote:

P.S.

There is a vegan cheese shop in london:

https://secretldn.com/la-fauxmagerie-cheesemonger/

https://shop.lafauxmagerie.com/

Apparently you can have cheeses through the post if London is too far
away for you to travel.

Or you can buy it in pretty well any supermarket. ;-)

I used to like the occasional bit of cheese, a strong cheddar
typically but was warned off 'dairy' by my doctor for health reasons a
good few years ago (as has my BIL).

Vegan cheese (scheese) isn't the same taste as cows milk cheese but
the general texture is there , as is the meltability (as in cheese on
toast) and is fine on say a pizza (Pappa John's do a fair range of
vegan pizzas, as do most of them of course now) but it's not yet quite
the same.

However, what we are doing then is comparing the taste of something we
are used to, something we shouldn't have been consuming in the first
place ('cows milk' was meant for 'cows', not humans (same with goat
milk etc)) the same applies to anything made from it, like butter and
cheese.

So, it's not 'going without' anything, it's not assuming you can have
something you have stolen from someone else.

Cheers, T i m