Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

On Fri, 7 May 2021 06:30:17 +0100, Richard

On 06/05/2021 19:03, GB wrote:
I bake most of the bread we eat, and it's nearly all vegan. But, for
one thing!

I need/like to glaze some of the loaves, and I haven't found a decent
substitute for egg to do that. I've tried the liquid from tinned
chickpeas, but it's really naff compared to nice shiny egg.

So, can you suggest a decent vegan substitute, please?

We have vegan guests, and I'm fed up with apologising for the poorly
glazed bread.

milk works if they are not agin it

You seem to not grasp the "vegan" bit of this.

Unfortunately this is the sort of thing we (vegans) get all the time,
people arguing against 'it' when they really don't understand what
'it' is. It is very very simple:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is
possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

What they (and the vegetarians) don't get is the cruelty involved in
the industrial production of milk and eggs, they think something has
to die to have suffered.

They say stupid things like 'Vegans won't have milk because milking a
cow kills it.' but even as a wind-up it's both ignorant and childish
because 'of course' vegans know that the only way you can get milk is
to get a cow pregnant (typically artificially), let it give birth then
deny that calf the milk by killing it, either then (specifically if
it's a male as they are 'no use' for milk production), or after a few
months (after containing it in a small pen (rose veal)) or subjecting
it to the same slavery of producing 'industrial' levels of milk till
it's exhausted and then it's killed at about 7 of it's 20+ year life.

http://www.skoolofvegan.com/if-we-do...yll-burst.html

So why anyone would consume the growth fluid of a different species,
especially after they have weaned is simply because that's how they
were conditioned from a child and now can't actually see it for the
bizarre process it is.

https://ibb.co/VDR6Mny

They consider 'milk' a thing, a commodity and that we are supposed to
have, when it's just the opposite and always has been.

Cheers, T i m