Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Kettles

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
The element in our Russell Hobs kettle failed after the equivalent of 3-4
years use. The heating element is under the water container and does not
appear to be removable, unlike older kettles where the element was in the
water and could be replaced.

Many new kettles are of a similar design to the one that has failed, so I
thought I should buy a cheap one as it also probably can't be repaired. I
was able to get a cheap £12 one from Tesco. It has a slightly lower power
rating, 2.2Kw and a much higher minimum water level. I wonder how well it
will last

12 pounds!

you woz done

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/305877709

Have others had similar problems with this type of kettle?

does it really matter when replacements are so cheap?