Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote

suggests the optimum aspect ratio of the radiator is highly
dependent on wall height.

It doesnt even say that.

I'm sorry if you can't understand the paper.

Pathetic.

Even that is unclear.

The paper makes it clear.

But not for the horizontal and vertical radiators
we are discussing, they dont even consider those.

Read the paper again.

No need.

It isnt even relevant, its discussing the wall
treatment and the gap between the radiator
and the wall which isnt where most of the
heat from the radiator gets into the room.

And a function of radiator aspect ratio, ie height and width of radiator.

A characteristic, actually. And given that they
dont even consider the aspect ratio that is seen
with the vertical radiators being discussed, you
you are face down in the mud, as always.

Even your earlier post whinged

More of your bare faced lies. I actually
rubbed you stupid nose in that fact.

that they only considered aspect ratios of 0.5 to 2.

Thats not the vertical radiators we are discussing
which are well outside that range.

So an agreement that efficacy in terms of aspect ration is dependent on
a number of circumstances,

Nope, what matters is the main effect, the vertical distance
the cold air moves over with both types of radiator. Thats
much worse with vertical radiators and is the reason they
dont work as well as horizontal radiators do.

The paper gives instances where that's not the case.

Not with what we are discussing the main movement
of heat from the side front of the radiator facing the
room when the only difference is whether the radiator
is horizontal or vertical it doesnt.

and that a "very wide horizontal radiator" wouldn't necessarily "work
better as far as heating the air is concerned".

For a completely different reason, the difference
in the surface temp at each end of the radiator.

So an admission there is an optimum aspect ratio,

Nope, because there isnt.

and wider is not necessarily better.

I said that right from the start, ****wit.

A very wide horizontal radiator would work better as far as heating
the air is concerned.

And there you go again, flagrantly dishonestly stripping
that para out of the context, your trademark.

Did you not say that?

In fact I said a lot more than just that in the
next para that you flagrantly dishonestly
deleted from the quoting, you pathetic excuse
for a flagrantly dishonest bull**** artist.

reams of your lying **** any 2 year old could
leave for dead flushed where it belongs

Not in all cases, as demonstrated by the paper in real home
situations.

Says he carefully and flagrantly dishonestly
snipping what I said is the reason for that.

Is that agreement?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

reams of your flagrantly dishonest **** and lies flushed where it belongs