Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mostly Vegan - Ping Tim

GB wrote

I bake most of the bread we eat,

I bake all I eat.

and it's nearly all vegan. But, for one thing!

I couldnt care less if its vegan or not or how badly
the wheat etc was tortured getting the grains off the
plants with some ****ing great machine costing a
decent chunk of a megabuck and moved in ****ing great
polluting trucks from where its grown to where I bake it.

I need/like to glaze some of the loaves, and I haven't found a decent
substitute for egg to do that. I've tried the liquid from tinned
chickpeas, but it's really naff compared to nice shiny egg.

So, can you suggest a decent vegan substitute, please?

We have vegan guests, and I'm fed up with apologising for the poorly
glazed bread.

I'd tell them to like it or lump it or bring their own.