Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old Interior Doors

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 05/05/2021 18:45, Andrew wrote:
On 05/05/2021 10:49, Clive Arthur wrote:
Loads of old panelled Victorian doors in our house. OF course, these
have been painted many times and the panels are immovable and often
cracked. Filling and painting is a bit Forth bridge like.

If I had some thin material which wouldn't crack and looked like wood
or maybe was wood, I could cover the panels with this. The slight
loss of depth probably wouldn't show.

What might work?

Ask Barry Bucknell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVnzu0COFU

My parents purchased a house in the 1960s and that is the first thing
that was done to all the doors. The open under-stairs and all the way up
the the banisters was also clad in hardboard.

The first thing I did when we moved into a 1911 house in 1977 was to remove
the hardboard from the doors and and banisters.

I was perhaps lucky that the previous owners of this place weren't into
DIY. So it was largely untouched. Apart from repairs to WW2 bomb damage -
so all 'new' plasterboard ceilings. Sadly, the cornices went at the same
time.

--
*Is there another word for synonym?

Dave Plowman London SW