Posted to uk.d-i-y
SH[_4_] SH[_4_] is offline

Default Water tower to dwelling

On 06/05/2021 03:11, williamwright wrote:
On 05/05/2021 21:52, ARW wrote:
I passed it a few months ago and I had no idea what what happening - I
saw the scaffolding and just assumed it was a bit of maintenance.

I passed it again this week and saw the new glass so did some research.

A couple of photos from tonight.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower1.jpg

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...atertower2.jpg

You can view the planning permission here

https://www.wakefield.gov.uk/plannin...cations-online

or somewhere on there

and search for

16/01858/FUL

And it looks from the photos that they have cladded the concrete
instead of cleaning it. A pity really as it distracts from the main
original design feature of the building - brutalism concrete.

It also looks like level 1 has an outside door.

One for 'Grand Designs'. Very brave I'd call it.

Bill

well with a tower of that height, like that, you're virtually gauranteed
a half decent DAB/FM/Freeview line of sight to various transmitters I
should think! ;-)