Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default chainsaw

On Wed, 5 May 2021 17:09:06 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 05/05/2021 14:28, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2021 16:53:05 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote:
What is the pollution like, I see a lot of power tools that seem to push out
foul smelling blue smoke all the time on strimmers hedge cutters and the
like. Brian

Older. probably, and 2-stroke which necessarily burn some oil and
produce blue smoke. Another reason why I like my 4-stroke Ryobi.

I think that not seeing or smelling any 'exhaust' doesn't help us
remember we are still producing pollution.

It does help us when we can come in from the garden not stinking of
petrol exhaust fumes!

It does help you forget, yes. ;-)

It used to be similar when non-smokers had been to a smokers place and
then came here and it was to me like they had been smoking themselves
(the level of smell on their clothes). ;-(

The only person who ever smoked in here was the Ex wife's Dad, who was
one of those 'Oh, you will never stop him ...' type. [1] I didn't
need (or particularly want) to, I just banned him from here, with
support from my Mrs. ;-)

I don't seem to smell straight tobacco when out and about much these
days, just weed (which is far more aromatic). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Similar to 'Fred', smoking at monthly bike meet held in the back
room of a restaurant / bar on the strict understanding that it was a
no smoking *venue*. It seems the regulars were so used to 'Fred'
risking the event for everyone they had 'forgotten' to keep chucking
him out.

The first time we left the organisers contacted us and after
apologising profusely (it *was* a no-smoking event and they *should*
have been policing it on behalf of all those who were respecting the
rules), asked us to give them a second chance. We did, same thing
happened so never again.