Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

On Tue, 4 May 2021 14:01:09 +0100, Pancho

I do worry about trees near the house going over, though.

Had son over yesterday afternoon, so thought he could help with some
tree branch removal. It was only when I was well up the tree that it
occurred to me how much I was moving around.

Branch came down without damaging fence below. This morning I find the
fence blown over in the wind, unrelated to my activity.

Daughter got called out to check a limb that had fallen off an old and
large oak as it had dropped overnight, crushing the steel fence and
gate on the childerens play area. ;-(

The one limb filled two transit tipper trucks.

I'm always concerned when you see the scaffolding, sheeting and
corrugated steel roof they often use these days when fitting a dormer
/ loft extension on peoples houses.

Nice for the workers when it's not particularly windy but raining but
when it's blowing a gale ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m