Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Wind anxiety

On 04/05/2021 13:42, GB wrote:

Does it help you if you retreat to the downwind side of the house, where
it's quieter, perhaps?

We're in a small terrace of 6 houses half way up a hill on one side of a
valley and it seems to engulf us.

Trees bending, slates sound like a xylophone, bins going over*, windows
whistling and an occasional thwack like someone has hit the house with a
gigantic wet trout. We've conceded that we can't have a greenhouse.

I think my problem is being exacerbated by the fact I have just built a
cat enclosure to the rear made largely of glass. I'm now wondering why I
would do that to myself.

The cat is happy though, that's the main job isn't it? I feel like he
could do a better job of displaying his gratitude.

*The bins are in the front yard behind a stone wall around 18 inches
high, I was getting in the car the other morning and a gust lifted a
(albeit largely empty) wheely bin over the wall and into the car.

I type this realising that there are people around the world infinitely
worse off, I am a privileged snowflake.