Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 4:54:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 1 May 2021 05:13:37 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 09:43:19 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 4/28/2021 4:16 AM, Larry wrote:
On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household
transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines
- and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days
after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age
of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

**** the commie leftist maskhole nazicrats!
You actually think I'm going to voluntarily take a shot of no-liability
experimental gene therapy?

To hell with the people you infect also?

If they are vaccinated, how will he pose any danger to them at all?

Perhaps you haven't heard. The vaccines are only 75 to 95% effective and not
everyone can get vaccinated, eg children.

But wait, Doesn't the vaccine reduce the chances of the 5% who get
infected of having serious illness? (I agree the J&J is **** with it's
75% effectiveness rate)

Yes, but reducing the chances of serious illness does not mean it's eliminated.
Or that you won't wind up with long haul Covid. Or that you won't still have
a scary, terrible two weeks sick.

Also Pfizer and Moderna say that 5% is over stated, the actual
breakthrough rate is lower ... But that is what happens when you rush
a drug to market without full FDA testing. They don't know and we are
the lab rats.

Sure, pour out more GUD for good measure. Those vaccines are extraordinarily
effective, great number for any vaccine and we have the testing and now real
world numbers that prove it.

I do find it amusing how well you can argue both sides of the issue
tho.
First the vaccine is very important and we all need to get it but a
second later you are telling is how it isn't really important at all
because of all the failures. There is no immediate advantage to being
vaccinated according to you. Nothing changes in our life.

I'm not on both sides, you're just confused again, 1+1 = 7.

I trust the technology more than you do and I think it makes me safe.
If Mugs wants to skip it, she is a big girl and she is taking her own
chances. None of our business.

It is very much our business because we need as many people as possible to
get vaccinated so we can put this behind us. And it's not just the choices of dopes
like her, it's also that she's constantly spreading whopping lies and BS,
which if left unchallenged, just leads to more people not getting vaccinated,
more people sick, more people DEAD.

You and I will not die of this or get
seriously sick even if we do get that 0-5% break through infection.
That is the current story anyway.

Some small number will likely die from Covid, even with being vaccinated.
You might want to check the seriously sick part too. I have seen that it does
have a high rate of preventing hospitalizations, but it's still not reduced to just
the common cold, many are taking extraordinary drug treatment by IV,
we don't know the effects on long haul Covid, etc.