Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ultrasonic cleaners

Beware of using one on that Austrian Crystal too, a lot of those are made
from several parts and they are glued using an adhesive that has similar
optical qualities to the crystal, but they do come apart in ultrasonic
baths, Also if stones were set but also had small blobs of adhesive under
them they will become loose and may fall out if it attacks the glue.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"jon" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 04 May 2021 12:41:19 +0100, Cliff Topp wrote:

I recently bought one very similar to this
https://tinyurl.com/ygmx5d9b
(link goes to eBay) and it appears to be very easy to operate being as
there are only two parameters to set, time and temperature.

However, they don't give any help in actually using the thing, such as
what temperature to set it at and for how long!

Our first use for it is that we have some old jewellery that we want to
clean up (couple of gold chains, a gold ring with an amethyst centre
stone and small diamonds around it and a few other pieces) so does
anyone have suggestions for time and temp settings on the cleaner?

It will probably also get used for cleaning up a car part or two and
maybe a printed circuit board or two as well (not at the same time), so
what settings would I use in those situations?

Depends on the solution you use.