Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

Default chainsaw

On Tue, 04 May 2021 11:34:45 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 4 May 2021 10:13:19 +0100, "NY" wrote:

snip

I've snapped two pruning saws when the blades got seized in branches
on the push stroke.

Were they 'good' ones? (Silky etc)

I think one of them was a cheap one,

I would expect a cheap one to blunt quickly and bend rather than snap as
they generally use a lower grade steel.

but the other was a Wolf.

I would consider Wolf a branding exercise than a real make as such
(although they may well be).

If you do enough pruning (to justify the cost) I would suggest having a
look at the 'Silky' brand saws as they are very good (and what the pro's
generally use).

Agreed. I have an old Wolfgarten pruning attachment which is much better
than the newer Wolf one but neither match the Silky for quality. Silky
are definitely expensive though.