Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Delivery attempted

On 04/05/2021 01:49, billy wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 03/05/2021 17:11, Billy wrote:

Its just as well you didn't type "Royal Mail Sunday deliveries" in Google
otherwise you'd be led to wholly bogus stories from websites purporting
to be the BBC

Obviously every major newspaper and every major TV provider has had their sites hacked!

Well they must have been, mustn't they ?

Otherwise jon wouldn't need be asking whether the email saying they'd
tried to deliver on a Sunday, was a blatant lie or not, would he ?

It was a valid question. Not everyone reads every trivia item in the
news, nor would you search the Internet for an answer if for the past
decades RM haven't had a Sunday delivery.

It's more normal with RM to actually cut services. There used to be
multiple collections from post boxes in my area and now the last
collection is 7am (yes am), a trip to the main sorting office
(distribution centre) and it used to have a 10pm collection which is now
6pm.

Although things are starting to get back to normal with RM deliveries
during lockdown it was more normal to get a large batch of post and
small parcels on a single day irrespective of time posted and little or
nothing in between for 6 days. Things getting back to normal may depend
on your postie. My regular postman seems to be during two shifts per day
at the moment - one as his walking round and another in a van for larger
packages.