Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Delivery attempted

Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon laid this down on his screen :
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Does it ask you to rearrange delivery, at an extra cost? Might be a
phishing message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 06:28:12 UTC+1, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Sometimes they do deliver on Sundays.

Quite possibly things on which they have undertaken a strict time limit - and would bust that if left until Monday.

But also it sometimes looks as if it is a catch up of Saturday deliveries when they might not have had sufficient staff - so probably someone doing overtime.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday)
by Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go
through the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

we've certainly had mail delivered on a Sunday - more than once - during
the lockdown.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

No, Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels". After many
decades they suddenly realised they were losing business to their
competitors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 08:48, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday,
(Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

No, Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels". After many
decades they suddenly realised they were losing business to their
competitors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56362491

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels".

only as a trial, and only for major customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56362491
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 09:12, Andy Burns wrote:
alan_m wrote:

Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels".

only as a trial, and only for major customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56362491

I'd guess that Amazon is not considered to be an insignificant customer.
BICBW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

No, Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels". After many decades they suddenly realised they were losing business to their competitors.

I saw one of our local mail men out on Sunday a few weeks ago; we exchanged greetings and I said I hoped he was getting double time for Sunday. He said it was much less then double time, and explained that they had set up a Sunday delivery round specifically for Covid-19 test kits. I think that was all they were delivering, but I'm not sure.

--
Clive Page
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 07:36, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 06:28:12 UTC+1, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Sometimes they do deliver on Sundays.

+1

also it may have been in larger packaging, say an A4 cardboard "envelope"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Log in to your Amazon account directly by going to amazon.co.uk - do
*not* click any links in the message you got. Go to your order details
page, any genuine delivery attempt should appear in the tracking section.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jon" wrote in message ...
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Its a blatant lie

Not only are they sending out bogus emails but they've managed
to hack Google, BBC News, Sky News and numerous other sites

Its just as well you didn't type "Royal Mail Sunday deliveries" in Google
otherwise you'd be led to wholly bogus stories from websites purporting
to be the BBC

March 2021 Royal Mail is to trial Sunday parcel deliveries for major
retailers amid an online shopping boom.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56362491

Sky News

12 Mar 2021 - A Sunday parcel delivery service is to be trialled by the
Royal Mail. Packages from major retailers will be delivered seven days a week

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-mai...urges-12243325

And numerous others. Or maybe Royal Mail who are just lying

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 17:11, Billy wrote:

Its just as well you didn't type "Royal Mail Sunday deliveries" in Google
otherwise you'd be led to wholly bogus stories from websites purporting
to be the BBC

Obviously every major newspaper and every major TV provider has had
their sites hacked!

The bogus email messages doing the rounds are about RM requiring payment
from customers to deliver packages

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 03/05/2021 17:11, Billy wrote:

Its just as well you didn't type "Royal Mail Sunday deliveries" in Google
otherwise you'd be led to wholly bogus stories from websites purporting
to be the BBC

Obviously every major newspaper and every major TV provider has had their sites hacked!

Well they must have been, mustn't they ?

Otherwise jon wouldn't need be asking whether the email saying they'd
tried to deliver on a Sunday, was a blatant lie or not, would he ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/2021 01:49, billy wrote:
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 03/05/2021 17:11, Billy wrote:

Its just as well you didn't type "Royal Mail Sunday deliveries" in Google
otherwise you'd be led to wholly bogus stories from websites purporting
to be the BBC

Obviously every major newspaper and every major TV provider has had their sites hacked!

Well they must have been, mustn't they ?

Otherwise jon wouldn't need be asking whether the email saying they'd
tried to deliver on a Sunday, was a blatant lie or not, would he ?

It was a valid question. Not everyone reads every trivia item in the
news, nor would you search the Internet for an answer if for the past
decades RM haven't had a Sunday delivery.

It's more normal with RM to actually cut services. There used to be
multiple collections from post boxes in my area and now the last
collection is 7am (yes am), a trip to the main sorting office
(distribution centre) and it used to have a 10pm collection which is now
6pm.

Although things are starting to get back to normal with RM deliveries
during lockdown it was more normal to get a large batch of post and
small parcels on a single day irrespective of time posted and little or
nothing in between for 6 days. Things getting back to normal may depend
on your postie. My regular postman seems to be during two shifts per day
at the moment - one as his walking round and another in a van for larger
packages.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Mon, 03 May 2021 16:22:47 +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday)
by Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go
through the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on
Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Log in to your Amazon account directly by going to amazon.co.uk - do
*not* click any links in the message you got. Go to your order details
page, any genuine delivery attempt should appear in the tracking
section.

It says delivery attempted 2nd May....which is a lie.

Added information on tracking page...Unfortunately, Royal Mail ran into an
issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again.

Why didn't they just say no service on Sunday.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday)
by Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go
through the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on
Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Log in to your Amazon account directly by going to amazon.co.uk - do
*not* click any links in the message you got. Go to your order details
page, any genuine delivery attempt should appear in the tracking
section.

It says delivery attempted 2nd May....which is a lie.

Added information on tracking page...Unfortunately, Royal Mail ran into an
issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again.

Why didn't they just say no service on Sunday.

Because there may have been a service on a Sunday?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
[...]

None of ours walk, they zoom around on small motorbikes.
Corse we arent silly enough to have letterboxes in our front
doors except with small shops etc.

and another in a van for larger packages.

Ours have separate people doing the delivery of larger stuff in vans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 May 2021 16:48:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday,
(Sunday)
by Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go
through the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on
Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

Log in to your Amazon account directly by going to amazon.co.uk - do
*not* click any links in the message you got. Go to your order details
page, any genuine delivery attempt should appear in the tracking
section.

It says delivery attempted 2nd May....which is a lie.

Added information on tracking page...Unfortunately, Royal Mail ran into
an issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again.

Why didn't they just say no service on Sunday.

Because there may have been a service on a Sunday?

Not here, otherwise they would have delivered the item...it was called a
priority order.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 May 2021 05:28:08 -0000 (UTC), jon wrote:

Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

https://youtu.be/8ptuZhWcXuQ?t=122

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

I've collected things from Screwfix which have been delivered to the
store by ParcelForce on a Sunday
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/2021 07:48, Rod Speed wrote:

None of ours walk, they zoom around on small motorbikes.

Probably 15 seconds walk between houses here and a motorbike would
probably increase the time taken on the round. Friends on mine live in a
rural area and all their RM deliveries are by van.

Only the traffic wardens seem to have 3 wheeled scooters around my way.
Along my road there is no parking during the day, except Sundays. It is
a relatively quiet wide side street and many people ignore the parking
rules. The traffic wardens tend to turn up about once a month to book
all those who they find parked in the street What I haven't seen
recently is the Smart Car traffic enforcement vehicle with the cameras
on top that record the number plates of vehicles parked in restricted
areas.

Corse we arent silly enough to have letterboxes in our front
doors except with small shops etc.

Less theft if small items are shoved through letter box flaps in the
front door.

and another in a van for larger packages.

Ours have separate people doing the delivery of larger stuff in vans.

Before lockdown the same with Royal Mail, plus the other dozen carrier
companies that deliver on a daily basis.