Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT. It's Work, work, work, at work

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 3 May 2021 09:53:48 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow, at least 20 employees, 1/3 of the staff, have resigned or said they
would resign becauase of a ban on talking politics.

I've read your first two replies and it reminds me of a radio caller
where someone was complaining that speech is more and more stifled.

I see it the other way and think people have short memories. Even when
I grew up in the 50's the warning was that there are two things not to
talk about at work, religion and politics.

Good advice then and good advice now. if there was a period in the 70's
to 90's where that rule didn't apply, that's a wondefful thing, but I
think we're back to the 50's.

(Optional text: the hate-mongering of the prior 4 years ruined that. Not
just hate against Mexicans, Moslems and other identifiable groups, but a
general attitude of scorn and hate