Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default TOT elections - second choice.

On Mon, 3 May 2021 11:33:33 +0100, "tim..."

On 03/05/2021 08:57, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 21:38:37 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
I thought with working from home we could actually be anywhere.
;-)

Unfortunately working from home I don't have a library,

e-books

cobbler,

mail order

mail order shoe repairs?

wow

Whilst I've never tried, the only thing that could be an issue with
nearly anyone dealing with such a thing where you don't have to be
present is them being able to send it back?

Most shoe / key places *will* have regular deliveries of stuff (stock,
general office supplies, machinery spares and consumables etc) so a
show-box with some shoes that need work wouldn't be difficult. The
tricky bit (possibly pre lookdown) would be what facilities they might
have to be able to post stuff back, especially if they work on their
own (no chance to get to the Post Office etc).

I would have thought that it would be easy for them to arrange such a
thing though (again, especially these days), even if they don't have
anything in place right now.

I know my mate in the PC show deals with mail-in repairs and upgrades
but then he has regular courier collections as he sells lots of stuff
over the Internet (again, especially during the lockdown).

Even the tropical fish and plant places will send stuff though the
mail, although the losses (tropical fish) can be quite high. ;-(

Cheers, T i m