Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default Delivery attempted

On 03/05/2021 08:48, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2021 06:28, jon wrote:
Had a message from Amazon to say delivery attempted yesterday, (Sunday) by
Royal mail. It's only a strip of adhesive pads, easily would go through
the letterbox.....I didn't think Royal Mail delivered on Sunday.

Is this another blatant lie?

No, Royal Mail have now got a Sunday delivery for "parcels". After many decades they suddenly realised they were losing business to their competitors.

I saw one of our local mail men out on Sunday a few weeks ago; we exchanged greetings and I said I hoped he was getting double time for Sunday. He said it was much less then double time, and explained that they had set up a Sunday delivery round specifically for Covid-19 test kits. I think that was all they were delivering, but I'm not sure.

--
Clive Page