Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I replace Immersion Heater Switch?

On 03/05/2021 09:38, Jedzi wrote:

I've got an ancient, maybe 40 or 50 years old, switch for the immersion heater in my airing cupboard. It's a thin-ish one, mounted on the wooden door frame.

Increasingly, it gets hot in use and has started to smell slightly (I think it's a heated plastic type smell).

I want to replace it with a switch like this https://bit.ly/336ClVA , mounted in a steel back box, on the wall next to it. Am I allowed to do that?

I take it you mean 'in the wall' if its a flush mounting you are after.

Sure as long as you do a pukka job that meets regulations - your biggest
issue might be if you need to extend the wires...

--
€œIt is not the truth of Marxism that explains the willingness of
intellectuals to believe it, but the power that it confers on