Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default TOT elections - second choice.

T i m wrote
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote

The question is, quite how do you decide about a police person, how
do you know they are all competent and do they actually do anything.

By checking if the current one up for re-election has done a decent
job so far by checking the stats on crimes charged and convicted etc.

'Apparently', you have to dedicate the rest of your life
doing research (till you get to a place where you can
make on informed decision, versus what most people
actually do and go with hearsay or toss a coin,

Nope, just don't bother to vote if you decide that
you have no way of deciding who would be better.

both potentially being more dangerous than even not voting

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

but fully represents what our democracy is about).

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

I particularly do not like the current London Mayor since he wants
to effectively charge all motorists to enter greater London,

Isn't it mainly the ones that are killing the locals with their pollution?

Nope.

Locals who in many cases don't have (can't afford)
or don't use cars themselves?

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

which will chase away all employers
from the greater London area, in my view.

I thought with working from home we could actually be anywhere. ;-)

Bit hard with a train driver etc, stupid.