Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Plug sockets in cupboard

On Sat, 01 May 2021 21:05:35 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2021 12:36:54 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hi All,

The study project continues and now looking at the electrics. Where the cupboards are going, there are some plug sockets on the wall which I intend to move into the cupboards for printers as well as running power to the desk via some sort of "extension lead".

Depending on the construction of the cupboard and value etc, I've
simply cut a hole in the back of it (Multitool) and then plugged
whatever straight though the hole?

Should sockets only be affexed to a non combustible surface though?
The electrician told me that sockets previously in the skirting board
should be chased into the plaster higher up in case they overheated.