Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

wrote in message
On Sat, 1 May 2021 07:17:27 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 01/05/2021 02:57, wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 04:34:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:39:14 AM UTC-4,
wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:53:34 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 29/04/2021 08:06, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:49:57 -0400, Clare Snyder

wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 23:43:31 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:41:00 -0400, wrote:

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not
"lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

Which country does that? The US obviously doesn't operate that way
and
never has.

The original story was we wanted to limit infection to prevent
overloading hospitals
We are there and have been for quite a while in the US.

Then it was we need to build herd immunity.
Between the vaccine and natural cases, we are about as close as
we
will get. They can't fill all the vaccine slots they have now.
Anyone
who wants the shot can get it.

Masks have gone from "the general public doesn't need a mask" to
"Wear
2". The CDC has finally relaxed the rule and said if you are
outside,
all alone, you don't need one. (like people outside all alone
ever
needed one).

The lock down thing is, at best, inconclusive.
States that are wide open like Florida are not doing any worse
than
states that are locked down.

You folks really need to pick a story and stick to it.

What is it about science that bothers you? Why do you have a hard
time with
the concept of learning as we go and adapting to what we learn?
Where is it
written that "In the beginning everything will be known and no new
information will be discovered"? I haven't seen that written
anywhere.

I am about to be done with all of this crap. I had my shots, it's
been
3 weeks. What else do you want?

A modicum of common sense doesn't seem like too much to ask.
WAY too much to expect of Greg Fretwell. What bothers him about
science is he has n ointerest in understanding it. He's worked all
his
pitiful life at remaining in the ignorant state we are all born in,
and he'll be damned if he's going to give up on the job at this
advanced stage of his life.

I am not going to squander the rest of my life quivering in fear.
I played the game, I wore my face covering, I got the ****ing
vaccination. I am about to be done with this ****. If I die I will
die
out there living, not huddled in the corner scared of a virus I am
supposed to be immune to now.

The vaccine doesn't necessarily make you immune, but it does give you
much better protection from the virus.
What is sad, is that you may be vaccinated, but you can still be a
carrier/spreader to the 40% of idiot antivaxxers and the folk who
can't
be vaccinated for health reasons, thereby perpetuating the constant
spread of the virus.
So this will never end. Is that what you are saying?

No one knows how exactly this will "end". We do have experience though
with other vaccines, putting down or totally eradicating diseases. So
stay tuned. BTW, let her rip didn't work with any of those either.

Which other virus prompted the government to force mask wearing,
businesses to close and people to stay home?
Has there ever been a precedent for this?

Well here's an example where a devastating disease was allowed to run
riot without wearing masks etc and look what happened.

The Black Death was one of the most devastating epidemics in human
history. It was the first outbreak of medieval plague in Europe, and it
killed tens of millions of people, an estimated 30€“50 percent of the
European population, between 1347€“1351

Since the plague was transmitted from flea bites,

That isnt clear, is more likely to be lice etc.

I doubt masks were going to help much. What stopped the
plague was people getting the rats out of their homes

Wrong, as always.

and according to your article it might have
actually not been the worst thing to happen..

Yes, it could have killed everyone.

The writers do seem somewhat pragmatic about it.

Only the fools.

" By targeting frail people of all ages,

It killed a hell of a lot more than just frail people.

and killing them by the hundreds of thousands within an
extremely short period of time, the Black Death might have
represented a strong force of natural selection and removed
the weakest individuals on a very broad scale within Europe".

Mindless ****.

" After the Black Death, there was a severe shortage of laborers,

So it clearly didnt just kill frail people, stupid.

effectively ending the medieval system of serfdom, and consequently
wages improved dramatically while prices for food, goods, and housing
fell [23]. These changes represented a major redistribution of wealth.
Real wages rose to levels that were not exceeded until the 19th
century, which allowed for improvements in housing and diet for
people of all social status levels".

"Improvements in diet after the Black Death, and particularly
decreases in social inequities in diet that presumably benefitted
the majority of the lower status population of England, might
have acted to reduce average levels of frailty in the population,

More utterly mindless silly ****.

perhaps more than any other factor associated with improvements
in standards of living. Changes in diet can lead to changes in health
because nutritional status strongly influences immune competence [31].
Following the Black Death, the amount of money spent per capita on
food increased, and people ate higher quantities of relatively
high-quality wheat bread, meat, and fish, much of which was consumed
fresh rather than salted as had been common prior to the epidemic
[29]. Such changes probably improved the nutritional quality of the
diet [29], and given that the diet of lower classes became more
similar to that of high status individuals, a greater proportion
of the post-Black Death English population was consuming
a nutritious diet than had been true before the epidemic".

It sounds like the talking points at a Democrat convention. ;-)