Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

On 4/29/21 3:13 PM, Heywood wrote:

[snip]

Not sure why he did.Â* He said the virus would be gone by April.Â* What
happened.Â* Hope he did not lie about it.

I remember him saying it would be gone by Easter (early April). That was
just a couple of weeks when I heard that in late March 2020.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Meaning is a human construct, and therefore I can assign life whatever
meaning I wish." - Peter Berger, in aa
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:45:00 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

At what point does common sense and acting for the greater good become
quivering in fear?

Exactly HOW are YOU "acting for the greater good" by posting pedantically?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 00:31:09 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:49:57 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 23:43:31 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:41:00 -0400, wrote:

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not "lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

Which country does that? The US obviously doesn't operate that way and
never has.

The original story was we wanted to limit infection to prevent
overloading hospitals
We are there and have been for quite a while in the US.

Then it was we need to build herd immunity.
Between the vaccine and natural cases, we are about as close as we
will get. They can't fill all the vaccine slots they have now. Anyone
who wants the shot can get it.

Masks have gone from "the general public doesn't need a mask" to "Wear
2". The CDC has finally relaxed the rule and said if you are outside,
all alone, you don't need one. (like people outside all alone ever
needed one).

The lock down thing is, at best, inconclusive.
States that are wide open like Florida are not doing any worse than
states that are locked down.

You folks really need to pick a story and stick to it.

What is it about science that bothers you? Why do you have a hard time with
the concept of learning as we go and adapting to what we learn? Where is it
written that "In the beginning everything will be known and no new
information will be discovered"? I haven't seen that written anywhere.

I am about to be done with all of this crap. I had my shots, it's been
3 weeks. What else do you want?

A modicum of common sense doesn't seem like too much to ask.

WAY too much to expect of Greg Fretwell. What bothers him about
science is he has n ointerest in understanding it. He's worked all his
pitiful life at remaining in the ignorant state we are all born in,
and he'll be damned if he's going to give up on the job at this
advanced stage of his life.

I wonder if he cries and goes to pieces every time the NEC is updated.

"Breakers instead of fuses? No more knob and tube wiring? You guys need to
get your story straight."

Actually I do complain that NFPA has far more code churn than is
necessary. They release a new code every 3 years and the day it is
released they are already taking proposals for the next cycle in spite
of the fact that most jurisdictions will not adopt and start using
that code until the next cycle is out. (Sometimes 2 cycles)
The code is updated based on proposals to an existing code the writers
have zero experience with.
It is really just a money grab. NFPA's main business is selling books.
Most of the adopted proposals come from the manufacturers of the
equipment the code mandates.
The AFCI is a good example. It got into the code because of the Cutler
Hammer reps on CMP 2. It was in the code before Cutler Hammer even had
the device in production. At that time they were the only manufacturer
who had one and the first couple generations were flawed.
Much like masks, there wasn't even a standard of what an AFCI was or
what kind of arc it could detect. The first 2 generations were really
just GFPs (30 ma GFCI) with very limited arc detection capabilities.
I really felt bad about the customers who were forced at the point of
a government gun to buy a $40-50 device that didn't actually do what
it was sold to do and there was no free replacement when the
technology improved. Square D did have a CPSC recall but it was
because of a more serious problem than just not detecting arcs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 04:34:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am not going to squander the rest of my life quivering in fear.
I played the game, I wore my face covering, I got the ****ing
vaccination. I am about to be done with this ****. If I die I will die
out there living, not huddled in the corner scared of a virus I am
supposed to be immune to now.

The vaccine doesn't necessarily make you immune, but it does give you
much better protection from the virus.
What is sad, is that you may be vaccinated, but you can still be a
carrier/spreader to the 40% of idiot antivaxxers and the folk who can't
be vaccinated for health reasons, thereby perpetuating the constant
spread of the virus.

So this will never end. Is that what you are saying?

No one knows how exactly this will "end". We do have experience though
with other vaccines, putting down or totally eradicating diseases. So
stay tuned. BTW, let her rip didn't work with any of those either.

Which other virus prompted the government to force mask wearing,
businesses to close and people to stay home?
Has there ever been a precedent for this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:44:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/29/2021 10:59 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/29/2021 08:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/29/2021 10:46 AM, Muggles wrote:

We haven't got years to wait, action is needed NOW.
Have a look how bad it is in India right now, this because they were
too casual with non social distancing and lack of masks etc.
They are dying in the streets.

India is wall to wall people everywhere.* They can't social distance.

Despite all the precautions Americans have tried, American still got
sick.* Some never knew they had covid, others got sick and recovered
at home. Still other were hospitalized and STILL got well.* A few died
from complications from their comorbities and covid.

I'm still not becoming a guinea pig to experiment upon with an
untested "vaccine."* Waiting to see how many people die or get sick
from the vaccine is a better approach, IMO.

There have been millions of doses given in the past year so not very
experimental at this stage.* '\

The had a vaccine last April and weren't telling anybody? Or did you
maybe mean the last 4 months?

Serious testing started last summer, My granddaughter got her shot
around July. It was finalized for release around November but there
were tens of thousands shots at that point. Millions now. .

Actually about 90% of the work on the Pfizer and Moderna (mRNA)
vaccines was already done before Covid hit, The research was done for
SARS and MERV. The engineering of the "transport mechanism" was all
but finalized - it was just getting the right "messenger" or "program"
determined and tested that took a year. The Astra Zenica and J&J
vaccines are more traditional and also borrowed heavily from previous
technology - the testing being the most time consuming past of the
process - getting the virus inactivated without making it ineffective
- and making it effective without being infectious. Again, a l,ot of
the research had been done for SARS / MERV and other corona virii
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not "lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

Which country does that? The US obviously doesn't operate that way and
never has.

We do it with motorcycle helmets.
If you don't wear one, Darwin gets a swing at you and the government
doesn't care.

[...]

So they are basing policy on the latest guess. This is far from
settled science and you seem to be admitting that.

I don't know how you got that from what I wrote.

I am about to be done with all of this crap. I had my shots, it's been
3 weeks. What else do you want?

A modicum of common sense doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Basically you are saying this will never end because there will always
be the chance of infection no matter what we do.

Again, I don't know how you got any of that from what I wrote. Maybe try
reading it again, this time as slowly as you need to go?

If the vaccine is working, why are we still wearing masks?
If the vaccine is not working, what is your idea of an end game?
I doubt we will ever get to zero chance of an infection.
There are certainly plenty of small businesses that will never open
again. I know, **** them. You still get your government check every
month.

Dude, you're messed up. All of this has been explained to you multiple
times by multiple people. Do you think there's a chance that the problem is
at your end?

More than a chance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Â* WAY too much to expect of Greg Fretwell. What bothers him about
science is he has n ointerest in understanding it. He's worked all his
pitiful life at remaining in the ignorant state we are all born in,
and he'll be damned if he's going to give up on the job at this
advanced stage of his life.

I wonder if he cries and goes to pieces every time the NEC is updated.

"Breakers instead of fuses? No more knob and tube wiring? You guys
need to
get your story straight."

Until the commie left destroys the Constitution this is still a free
country.
The snowflakes can take the experimental gene therapy drug and wear as
many layers of masks as they want. Done and done! Protected!

People with a healthy immune system can ignore Farcical Fauci's advice.

The snowflakes are the Repubs that refuse to do anything to stop covid
from killing Americans.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's the first pandemic in about 100 years and we have
worked out that that stuff works, using real science.

Has there ever been a precedent for this?

Yep, similar stuff has been done in the past, even
during the Black Death when far less was understood
about the science. They quite literally nailed infected
people up in their homes and left them to die there.

China did some of that in Wuhan and that still works.

Even the USA has had forced quarantine for the infected
at various times, and not just for foreigners either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well here's an example where a devastating disease was allowed to run
riot without wearing masks etc and look what happened.

The Black Death was one of the most devastating epidemics in human
history. It was the first outbreak of medieval plague in Europe, and it
killed tens of millions of people, an estimated 30€“50 percent of the
European population, between 1347€“1351

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 14:23:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/21 2:17 AM, Bod wrote:

Well here's an example where a devastating disease was allowed to run riot without wearing masks etc and look what happened.

The Black Death was one of the most devastating epidemics in human history. It was the first outbreak of medieval plague in Europe, and it
killed tens of millions of people, an estimated 30€“50 percent of the European population, between 1347€“1351

If you seek the truth, ignore what people say and watch what they do.

For example, after Michigan's Democrat Governor Cruella de Whitmer barked out some heavy-handed lock-down orders for the Michigan taxpayers, she
jetted (unvaccinated) to Florida to get a little cougar action on Florida's sunny beaches. Her actions prove she obviously doesn't believe the
COVID orders she issues.

"Rules for thee but not for me."
-Cruella de Whitmer

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Fauci-19 virus is just a little exercise for the human immune system. Did you sleep through Biology 101?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:48:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/29/2021 11:24 AM, Maskless Sociopath wrote:

Well it could turn out to be similar to the flu in respect of needing
a jab every year to immunise for the new strains that develop.
Anti vaxxers just make the problem a lot worse.

President Trump was instrumental in getting the vaccines to market in
record time.

I remember all the lefty libtards said it wasn't possible but President
Trump did it.

Really? I thought the pharmaceutical companies did it. Did not realize
he was working in the lab.

Trump did what the government always does in these things. He threw a
****load of tax money at them.

It was Congress that threw the money. And I don't recall Trump advocating
for money for vaccine development and purchase at the time either.
Perhaps I missed it and you can refer us to some speeches, press conferences,
etc where he did. At the time that Covid bill was passed all I saw from
Trump was a lot of lying and denying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 09:43:19 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 4/28/2021 4:16 AM, Larry wrote:
On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household
transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines
- and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days
after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age
of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

**** the commie leftist maskhole nazicrats!
You actually think I'm going to voluntarily take a shot of no-liability
experimental gene therapy?

To hell with the people you infect also?

If they are vaccinated, how will he pose any danger to them at all?

Perhaps you haven't heard. The vaccines are only 75 to 95% effective and not
everyone can get vaccinated, eg children.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 09:49:49 -0700, Bob F wrote:
On 4/29/2021 8:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/29/2021 11:24 AM, Maskless Sociopath wrote:

Well it could turn out to be similar to the flu in respect of needing
a jab every year to immunise for the new strains that develop.
Anti vaxxers just make the problem a lot worse.

President Trump was instrumental in getting the vaccines to market in
record time.

I remember all the lefty libtards said it wasn't possible but
President Trump did it.

Really? I thought the pharmaceutical companies did it. Did not realize
he was working in the lab.

Exactly. As always, trump just claimed credit for something he had
little to do with.

The $3.5 billion and trimming a little off the onerous FDA process
certainly got the vaccine out about 6 years ahead of the normal pace.
The pipeline was full by the time Trump left office.

Only because Trump got very lucky and three of the six vaccines panned out.
Had only one worked, we'd still be waiting. Trump even refused to place more
orders with Pfizer in late summer, those orders went abroad instead. Biden
had to do it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 10:04:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, all those nights alone in the lab, cranking out dose after dose.

You're an idiot.

Cindy Hamilton

No, he had people in the Fed printing money and he had FDA trimming a
lot of fat off the approval process.

You folks make it sound like Fauci was actually doing something tho
besides the scare of the week.
Absolutely ZERO came out of 9000 Rockville Pike (NIH) except
conflicting advice and gloomy predictions.

Apparently the first test for Covid that became available in March, was nothing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:05:46 PM UTC-4, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 21:09:55 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 01:02:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Wrong, all you need for 90s% to be vaccinated to see the virus no longer
relevant.

I doubt you will get 90% in the most compliant countries and the US is
not one of them.

You doubt. You don't know. Or even have a rough idea.

We typically only get around half who take the Flu
shot and that is a well established vaccine.

You chose a poor analog - the Polio and Smallpox vaccines
are a much better comparison than the annual flu vaccine.

Or the Measles vaccine. Or the Shingles vaccine.

and what percentage get the measles or shingles vaccine in the USA.
Likely closer to 5 than 50.

Say what? Measles has largely been eradicated here because of the very high
vaccination rate, it's over 90%.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Wrong, all you need for 90s% to be vaccinated to see the virus no longer
relevant.

I doubt you will get 90% in the most compliant countries and the US is
not one of them.

You doubt. You don't know. Or even have a rough idea.

We typically only get around half who take the Flu
shot and that is a well established vaccine.

You chose a poor analog - the Polio and Smallpox vaccines
are a much better comparison than the annual flu vaccine.

That was at a time when you got a vaccine at school whether your
parents approved or not. Most didn't even know until you got home and
told them.

Yes, imagine that. A time when we had a president who was a leader, instead
of a lying, anti-mask, shyster. A time when disease was not politicized by right
wing loons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 8:32:38 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/30/2021 8:28 AM, Frank wrote:
On 4/30/2021 7:52 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:49:54 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 04:17:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 8:50:47 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/28/2021 8:44 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/28/2021 7:16 AM, Larry wrote:
On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household
transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca
vaccines
- and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and
49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE
found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days
after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of
age of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

**** the commie leftist maskhole nazicrats!
You actually think I'm going to voluntarily take a shot of
no-liability experimental gene therapy?

I'd not do that either but since the vaccine is not gene therapy I go
both shots. Don't let facts get in the way of your decision though.
I've had my two shots for months now. So has my whole family with
exception of 6 year old granddaughter. I think it is stupid not to
follow the science and the facts.

If you do not want to be vaccinated that is your choice and you can
live
with the consequences.

And yet your hero, Donald Trump, sits by and does nothing to encourage
the Trumpets who follow him like a God, to get vaccinated. He even made
sure his vaccination was done in private, so there would be no
footage of it.
He doesn't want to do anything to oppose any of his followers,
whether they
are anti-vaxxers or white supremacists. Polls show 45% of
Republicans say
they refuse to get vaccinated. Further evidence of what a total scum
bag
Trump really is.
Trump has been gone for 100 days. Let it go.

Why don't you tell the Republicans to let Trump go? They won't they are
still grovelling before him, he's their leader. That's why we can't
"let it go".

Where is that big change we were going to see? I haven't see a damned
thing change.

No surprise there.

We are still counting on Trump's vaccine but you folks
are now quibbling on that.

It was never Trump's vaccine. Pfizer started all out development on
the vaccine
in January 2020, with the CEO ordering it, telling them do whatever it
takes.
Trump was still lying and denying for months. And even after that,
explain to us
what exactly you claim that Trump did? All I see is that Congress,
not Trump, put
together a huge Covid bill that included a trillion dollars, some of
which was
targeted for vaccines. Trump then gave some funding to some of the
vaccine
companies for development and placed orders for the vaccines. BFD,
even a
moron like Trump could do that. And even that, he screwed up
royally, but we
happened to get very lucky. There were 6 potential vaccines, Trump
only placed
partial orders with some of them. He should have had Manhattan
Project like
commitment and funding for all six. If only one had panned out, we
would have
been totally screwed, the country would not be vaccinated until next
year.
But we got very, very lucky and 3 panned out.

Now you are telling me it doesn't stop the spread of the virus in any
appreciable way and we still might die even if we are vaccinated

You're confused again. I never said that. You are the one that has been
saying for months that because the mask and social distancing
recommendations
continue, that means that the vaccines don't work.

Is there a plan for the end of this yet?

It's in progress.

I see, you have already turned on the guy you voted for so you must
not be looking at him for it.

I am disappointed that Biden has gone ultra lib crazy, but at least
he's not
a daily embarrassment to the country and disgrace to the office. And
right
now if I had to vote again, I would still pick Biden over Trump.

I pointed out that you were someone that would cut off his nose to spite
his face but it appears now that you would cut off your head to spite
your body.

Even one of our enemies believes this:

https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/39...erica_fascist/

Russia is our enemy? Trump loved Russia and Putin, spread all Putin's
lies and BS, while undermining NATO and our allies. Yet we never heard
you make one peep about that, instead you defended Trump as he did it.
How did that work out for you and the Republicans in the end?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Which of course has nothing to do with the solid base of knowledge that we have
with similar viruses, vaccines, disease transmission and now experience with
Covid itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What folk should really be concerned about is that deadly cancer you get
from wind turbines.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You truly believe all that **** that the democrats fed you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/30/2021 08:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Yes, in 1918

https://www.businessinsider.com/span...-cities-2020-4

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cl...g-spanish-flu/

Both my parents were in their late teens at that time. They never
mentioned it. Apparently it didn't register as an event along with
prohibition, the depression, the world wars, rationing, the advent of
air travel, improved cars, and so forth.

Do you think a current 18 yar old is likely to forget the Great Pandenmic?

Maybe he will since we might still be wearing masks in 2040 and lining
up for the yearly 'booster' so it all will be so normal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 1 May 2021 10:59:12 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Both my parents were in their late teens

Oh, no! Now it's about his parents. What a ****ed up Yank!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 21:55:09 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

+1 And `educators' have another course lesson series for $$$

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Actually there is no code requirement that you use breakers. I could
install a fuse panel tomorrow as long as I used type S adapters that
prevent using the wrong fuse.
It is quite arguable that fuses are safer. Breakers can fail closed
(Federal Pacific Stab Loks have a reputation for it). Fuses can only
fail open.

Sometime older is better, even if not as convenient but I can't think
of anything more inconvenient than your house burning down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 May 2021 15:40:40 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

+1 Do they make AFCI fuses?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 06:10:34 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 04:21:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

In other words, you're a coward. You're getting the benefit of all those that
were vaccinated, while afraid to take a tiny risk, one that pales in comparison
to the real, deadly effects of the disease. I just heard a commercial urging
people to get vaccinated. It said that this is the first time since WWII that
all Americans need to come together for the common good. You're hiding,
no surprise there. And with almost 600K Americans DEAD from Covid,
we need the vaccine now, not years from now.

You got it. Near you it's expiring because they have too much. Ya know some
hospital people are refusing it? They have to pay them to take it? You don't
stand for freedom of choice, your mantra is "I am lord, I am right, sit down,
shut up" sounds familiar from say the 40's thereabout.

--
Tekkie

I see, so following science and sound medicine, advocating for people to get
vaccinated so we can save lives, reduce hospitalizations and put this behind us,
is like being a Nazi. Is that what you just implied?

No, the way YOU and your ilk demand compliance with YOUR thoughts. No one
else's is valid. You trust the gov't too much. You do realize the gov't
controls the news? If they don't have a story the news media makes one up.
Doesn't it make you pause for thought when the networks ALL have the same
stories using the same buzzword? Doesn't that seem strange? Do you listen to
opposing viewpoints? Why are you so emphatic about issues here? They won't
change anyone's mind. People have free will to makes decisions for themselves.
Your opinions don't matter and shouting will only alienate them more. Do you
want me to make thoughts and decisions for you? I don't think so.

The way the gov't used to treat these incidents was quarantine the victims and
the public was free to go about their business. Now the gov't MAKES you follow
their orders, with police enforcement, which aren't scientifically proven. You
have been deprived of your rights without any basis. It's about power.

All your postings here will not help the world. Why don't you go out and
volunteer at a vaccine clinic? Why not read to children? Go walk a dog at the
animal shelter. Think of something to get away from the computer. You may not
change the world but you will change someone's life.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Since the plague was transmitted from flea bites, I doubt masks were
going to help much. What stopped the plague was people getting the
rats out of their homes and according to your article it might have
actually not been the worst thing to happen..

The writers do seem somewhat pragmatic about it.

" By targeting frail people of all ages, and killing them by the
hundreds of thousands within an extremely short period of time, the
Black Death might have represented a strong force of natural selection
and removed the weakest individuals on a very broad scale within
Europe".

" After the Black Death, there was a severe shortage of laborers,
effectively ending the medieval system of serfdom, and consequently
wages improved dramatically while prices for food, goods, and housing
fell [23]. These changes represented a major redistribution of wealth.
Real wages rose to levels that were not exceeded until the 19th
century, which allowed for improvements in housing and diet for people
of all social status levels".

"Improvements in diet after the Black Death, and particularly
decreases in social inequities in diet that presumably benefitted the
majority of the lower status population of England, might have acted
to reduce average levels of frailty in the population, perhaps more
than any other factor associated with improvements in standards of
living. Changes in diet can lead to changes in health because
nutritional status strongly influences immune competence [31].
Following the Black Death, the amount of money spent per capita on
food increased, and people ate higher quantities of relatively
high-quality wheat bread, meat, and fish, much of which was consumed
fresh rather than salted as had been common prior to the epidemic
[29]. Such changes probably improved the nutritional quality of the
diet [29], and given that the diet of lower classes became more
similar to that of high status individuals, a greater proportion of
the post-Black Death English population was consuming a nutritious
diet than had been true before the epidemic".

It sounds like the talking points at a Democrat convention. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sun, 2 May 2021 05:54:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 05:13:37 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

But wait, Doesn't the vaccine reduce the chances of the 5% who get
infected of having serious illness? (I agree the J&J is **** with it's
75% effectiveness rate)
Also Pfizer and Moderna say that 5% is over stated, the actual
breakthrough rate is lower ... But that is what happens when you rush
a drug to market without full FDA testing. They don't know and we are
the lab rats.
I do find it amusing how well you can argue both sides of the issue
tho.
First the vaccine is very important and we all need to get it but a
second later you are telling is how it isn't really important at all
because of all the failures. There is no immediate advantage to being
vaccinated according to you. Nothing changes in our life.

I trust the technology more than you do and I think it makes me safe.
If Mugs wants to skip it, she is a big girl and she is taking her own
chances. None of our business. You and I will not die of this or get
seriously sick even if we do get that 0-5% break through infection.
That is the current story anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 05:15:52 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

[...]

Biden got lucky that there was vaccine in the pipeline when he took
office.

Trump even refused to place more
orders with Pfizer in late summer, those orders went abroad instead. Biden
had to do it.

BTW the world is ****ing with us that we didn't let enough vaccine out
into the rest of the world and they are backed up by your bleeding
heart democrat friends so that is another story you need to get
straight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Wrong, all you need for 90s% to be vaccinated to see the virus no longer
relevant.

I doubt you will get 90% in the most compliant countries and the US is
not one of them.

You doubt. You don't know. Or even have a rough idea.

We typically only get around half who take the Flu
shot and that is a well established vaccine.

You chose a poor analog - the Polio and Smallpox vaccines
are a much better comparison than the annual flu vaccine.

Or the Measles vaccine. Or the Shingles vaccine.

and what percentage get the measles or shingles vaccine in the USA.
Likely closer to 5 than 50.

Say what? Measles has largely been eradicated here because of the very high
vaccination rate, it's over 90%.

That is 90% of children, not the population in general, mostly because
it is done in school, sometimes without the knowledge of the parents.
Shingles vaccine is still less than 50%, more like 35%.
Same with pneumonia and the flu shot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That isnt clear, is more likely to be lice etc.

I doubt masks were going to help much. What stopped the
plague was people getting the rats out of their homes

Wrong, as always.

and according to your article it might have
actually not been the worst thing to happen..

Yes, it could have killed everyone.

The writers do seem somewhat pragmatic about it.

Only the fools.

" By targeting frail people of all ages,

It killed a hell of a lot more than just frail people.

and killing them by the hundreds of thousands within an
extremely short period of time, the Black Death might have
represented a strong force of natural selection and removed
the weakest individuals on a very broad scale within Europe".

Mindless ****.

" After the Black Death, there was a severe shortage of laborers,

So it clearly didnt just kill frail people, stupid.

More utterly mindless silly ****.

perhaps more than any other factor associated with improvements
in standards of living. Changes in diet can lead to changes in health
because nutritional status strongly influences immune competence [31].
Following the Black Death, the amount of money spent per capita on
food increased, and people ate higher quantities of relatively
high-quality wheat bread, meat, and fish, much of which was consumed
fresh rather than salted as had been common prior to the epidemic
[29]. Such changes probably improved the nutritional quality of the
diet [29], and given that the diet of lower classes became more
similar to that of high status individuals, a greater proportion
of the post-Black Death English population was consuming
a nutritious diet than had been true before the epidemic".

It sounds like the talking points at a Democrat convention. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

More utterly mindless **** from you. Once we know that
the vaccine radically reduces severe illness if you do get
infected, it makes no sense whatever to delay the rollout
of the vaccine until you also know how well it prevents
infection. It makes sense to roll it out immediately and
check the infection question later.

They don't know

They do now.

and we are the lab rats.

More utterly mindless **** from you.

I do find it amusing how well you can
argue both sides of the issue tho.

He is doing nothing of the sort.

He never said anything even remotely like that last, ****wit.

because of all the failures. There is no immediate
advantage to being vaccinated according to you.

He never said anything even remotely like that, ****wit.

Nothing changes in our life.

More utterly mindless **** from you with
what happens if you do get infected alone.

More utterly mindless **** from you given that her stupidity risks others.

You and I will not die of this or get seriously sick even
if we do get that 0-5% break through infection.

You don't know that either.

That is the current story anyway.

More mindless **** from you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Nope, you do, as always.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Because it isnt anything like as serious a medical problem.

Same with pneumonia and the flu shot.

There is no vaccine for all pneumonia, stupid.