Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Plug sockets in cupboard

Hi All,

The study project continues and now looking at the electrics. Where the cupboards are going, there are some plug sockets on the wall which I intend to move into the cupboards for printers as well as running power to the desk via some sort of "extension lead".

The cupboards are flush against the skirting boards so have a gap between them and the wall - with the 18mm cupboard side and the 20mm skirting there is about 38mm between the inside surface of the cupboard and the original wall that the current socket is mounted on.

In order to comply with current regs, can I fix the sockets to the sides of the cupboard and leave the wiring behind it in the side of the cupboard/ gap behind? Other option would be to fit a plasterboard back box and connect the wires in that. Would appreciate your thoughts.

thanks

Lee.