Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Cooked something with gas whilst boiler was off - Need to purge pipes before using cooker?

Max Demian wrote:

"Gas geysers" were well known for their explosive "safety" cut-outs. and
people having to call up and down stairs to achieve a hot bath if the
geyser was in the kitchen.

I once spent a few weeks in a grotty flat in darkest Salford (so
long ago that Salford Van Hire only hired vans in Salford) (1)
with a temperamental water heater which gave astonishing
explosions whenever you tried to use it, no matter what technique
you employed.

In the end I bequeathed it a Dymo label:

"To avoid explosions, turn tap on quickly. Or was it slowly?"

(1) The cinema slide advertising them showed three of their vans
on the adjacent cobbled street, where I lived for a few months.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1