Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Other side and a down the line view of Yosser's wall

On 30/04/2021 21:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Robin wrote:

ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/8/84/****wall2.jpg

Clear now there's no need for pillars when all that soil's there to
stop the wall falling into the garden.

But is the soil going to push the wall into the street?

For the wall builder that's a "somebody else's problem" (SEP).

On which see Douglas Adams' "Life, the Universe and Everything":

"An S.E.P. ...is something that we cant see, or dont see, or our brain
doesnt let us see, because we think that its somebody elses problem.
Thats what S.E.P. means. Somebody Elses Problem. The brain just edits
it out; its like a blind spot. If you look at it directly you wont see
it unless you know precisely what it is. Your only hope is to catch it
by surprise out of the corner of your eye."

It's an art much cultivated by monocular lobby groups.

--
Robin