Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Greying ceiling above boiler

Yes back in the days of valve tvs, above the TV had a lot of dust and stuff.
My guess in that case was static attracted it, then heat forced it up to the
wall and ceiling.If you have ever opened up an old crt TV after some years,
you will find it deep in muck.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
R D S wrote:
The ceiling and wall/ceiling corner above our boiler is slightly grey
having got that way over some years from previously 'is the ceiling a
bit grey there' to now 'it definitely is, yes'.

There's no CO2, there are 2 detectors in there.

I suppose the sensible answer is get someone in? Or is this normal to
some degree?

There is always at least some waste heat from a boiler. Which will draw
air (and dirt) to above it. Same as you get above a rad, given enough
time.

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.