Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 21:09:55 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 01:02:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Wrong, all you need for 90s% to be vaccinated to see the virus no longer
relevant.

I doubt you will get 90% in the most compliant countries and the US is
not one of them.

You doubt. You don't know. Or even have a rough idea.

We typically only get around half who take the Flu
shot and that is a well established vaccine.

You chose a poor analog - the Polio and Smallpox vaccines
are a much better comparison than the annual flu vaccine.

That was at a time when you got a vaccine at school whether your
parents approved or not. Most didn't even know until you got home and
told them.

Or the Measles vaccine.

Usually again, kids in school where people didn't have a lot of
choice. Still about 10% absolutely nationally refused to let the kids
do it. I assume the refusals were more local than that tho.

Or the Shingles vaccine.

only 35% of people eligible took that

If you are just saying this is a one time thing I bet that is wrong.
Pfizer is already saying we probably need another booster and we
haven't even had them for 6 months

The Flu shot is a better analog.

Nope given that it's the only one many have that needs an annual shot.

I bet this is going to be an annual thing.

Bet it isnt particularly when we get the virus under control
so that few with ****ed immune systems get infected and an
so stop producing anything like as many variants of concern.

Participation will fall off too.

Sure, once this virus is under control.
But that wont see a second megawave.

We are at around 57-58% of adults vaccinated (at
least one dose) nationally and demand is falling fast.

It would be a ****ing sight more surprising if it wasn't.

Doesn't mean that we wont get the virus under control tho.

They were on the news tonight saying the number of
people locally getting the shot has dropped by almost half

From an immense number per day. Hardly
surprising that that cant be sustained forever.

and doses are in danger of being tossed because nobody wants them.

BULL****, it stores fine.

There are places all over town where you can just
walk in and get a shot. People are not doing it.

Because they have already got it, ****wit.