Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default NHS app and vaccination passport.

%% wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
%% wrote:

Given that Covid-19 inoculations may be given by different
organisations will they really all be recorded in one, accessible,
place?

No reason why that can't be done as with driver's licenses and passports.

No reason it *can't* be done, no, but *has* it been done?

Yes it has in other countries.

So what? I'm talking about the UK. It can't be done retrospectively
if there's no secure identity with the inoculation records.

Using your fingerprint or face id.

That assumes that 'they' already know your fingerprint/face,

Nope, the phone just confirms that the fingerprint or face id
matches what the phone has already registered for the owner.
Neither ever leaves the phone with the best phones.

What? This proves simply that the phone is mine, what on earth has it
got to do with connecting me with records confirming that I've had a
Covid-19 inoculation?

not necessarily true for quite a lot of people.

For Covid-19 'passports' the requirement is that there is a record of
your inoculation somewhere that is *already* identified by (according
to you) my face/fingerprint. I don't believe there are records like
this anywhere.

There dont need to be. And passports and driver's licences already
do that with the photo.

You haven't understood still have you?

Somewhere out there is a record (hopefully) that someone has injected
'fred' with Covid-19 vaccine. Now 'fred' comes along with his mobile
phone and says, here's my mobile phone. There needs to be some secure
way of connecting the two. How is this secure connection made?
There's no image of 'fred' with the inoculation record.

--
Chris Green
ยท